Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Linguine with Red Clam Sauce

Linguine with Red Clam Sauce


8 oz. linguine pasta (I used a full 1lb. to stretch it farther and it worked out great!)
1 Tbs. oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped (I used the chopped jarred garlic...you'll want to use 2 tsp. if you go this route)
1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with basil
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce (I only use Hunts)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 can (10 oz.) baby clams, drained, juice reserved
Chopped parsley (I didn't have fresh so I used 1 tbsp. dry and it tasted fine)


Cook pasta according to package details. Meanwhile in a large skillet, heat oil over med.-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, 3 minutes. Add next 4 ingredients and reserved clam juice. Cover; bring to boil. Reduce heat to med.-low; cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 15-20 minutes. Stir in clams; cook 1 minute. Serve over pasta; sprinkle with parsley. (I mixed my pasta and sauce all together and mixed in parsley, but either way works out great)


Recipe courtesy of Woman's World Magazine.

No comments: