Saturday, December 6, 2008

Western Mac

There are so many dishes that I make that remind me of home, but I would have to say that Western Mac is definitely at the top of that list. It is TRUE comfort food to the max! I can remember numerous nights when I would have band practice in high school and I'd come home to find Western Mac on the table waiting for me.

2 packages Macaroni & Cheese dinner
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup celery
1/4 cup green pepper
1/4 cup onion
1 cup corn, drained
6 oz. tomato paste
salt and pepper to taste

Prepare mac and cheese dinners according to package directions. Brown meat along with veggies and drain well. In a large pot mix together all ingredients and place into baking dish. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes.

1 comment:

Denise said...

That sounds yummy.