Sunday, December 14, 2008

What's for dinner?

Last night I really wasn't in the mood to cook so I made something EASY and TASTY. I've made these dishes for years now. The Rice Consommé is a family recipe that I'm sure you're going to LOVE!

Peach Chicken

1.5 lbs. chicken breasts
1 cup peach preserves
1 tbsp Worcheshire sauce
pepper

Place chicken into a baking dish. Sprinkle with pepper. Smear peach preserves over chicken. Pour the Worcheshire sauce over everything. Bake at 350 for at least 30 minutes or until juices run clear.

Green Bean Casserole

2 cans green beans, drained
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I use 98% fat free)
1 tbsp Worcheshire sauce
1 can fried onions

Mix all ingredients together minus onions and pour into a small baking dish. Cover with fried onions. Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.

Rice Consommé

1 cup rice
1/2 stick of butter
1 can French onion soup
1 can beef consommé soup

Place rice into a small baking dish. Put the 1/2 stick of butter in the center. Pour cans on top of rice. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

*This serves about 3 people. I'd make a double batch if serving 4. The leftovers are OUTSTANDING!

2 comments:

Denise said...

All of this sounds delicious, thanks for sharing.

Nicole said...

It's breakfast as I am reading this bu all of a sudden I am in the mood for dinner! Looks delicious! The peach chicken is a great, quick idea I will have to keep in the back of my head.