Thursday, April 30, 2009

Creamy Italian Chicken

I have been making this dish for about 7 years now. I thought I had already posted it for you guys, but it seems that I haven't. If you like chicken and you like using your slow cooker then this is the meal for you!

1 lb. frozen boneless chicken breasts
1/4 cup water
1 Italian dressing seasoning packet (found on the salad dressing aisle)
1 can cream of chicken soup (I used the 98% fat free)
1 brick of cream cheese, room temp (DO NOT USE FAT FREE OR REDUCED FAT...IT DOES NOT HOLD UP TO THE SLOW COOKING PROCESS!!!)
2 small cans of mushroom stems and pieces, drained

Turn slow cooker on low. Put in chicken, water and seasoning packet. Put on lid and let cook for 3 hours. With a wooden spoon, break up chicken breasts into large pieces (IT MIGHT JUST SEEM LOGICAL TO BUY THE CHICKEN TENDERS IN THE FIRST PLACE, BUT DON'T...THEY DON'T HOLD UP IN THE SLOW COOKER THE WAY YOU NEED THEM TOO). Add remaining ingredients. Put on lid and cook for another 3 hours on low. Turn off slow cooker and remove lid. Stir mixture occasionally for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with your favorite pasta or better yet, wild rice (I like mine with wild rice, but didn't have any on hand like I thought I did). Enjoy!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Sounds really good.