Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pasta Frittata

A few days ago I watched Giada create a Thyme Pasta Frittata. I thought it looked really good and wanted to find a way to create my own. Using her recipe as the base this is what I came up with...

3 cups cooked penne pasta (must be cold..I used leftover pasta from the night before)
2 cups Cheddar cheese (I used a low-fat option)
1 package chives, chopped
6 eggs
2 tbsp milk
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp olive oil

Beat eggs and milk together. Add remaining ingredients (minus olive oil) and mix thoroughly. Heat up a 12 inch non-stick skillet. Coat the pan in 1 tbsp olive oil. Pour ingredients into skillet. Cook on med./high heat for about 7-8 minutes. Using a plate the size of the skillet flip the frittata and then add another tablespoon of olive oil to pan before putting frittata back into it. Cook for another 3-4 minutes or until juices run clear. Slide frittata out onto a large cutting board and let it sit for about 5 minutes before cutting. I cut it into 8 pieces.

*This recipe would be great for a brunch!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Sounds good.

Kelly said...

I watched that episode too! I was wanting to try it.. how did you like it?

Tara said...

It was great! I sure hope you try it!