Thursday, January 7, 2010

Easy Shrimp Creole

This recipe was passed down to my mom from my dad's mom, Frances. It's super easy to put together and has a good spicy bite to it. I hope you enjoy!

1 large bell pepper, diced
1 large onion, diced
1 small garlic clove, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 can tomato soup
1/3 cup water
2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
dash of pepper
dash of hot sauce
1 lb. shrimp, peeled and devained


Cook pepper, onion and garlic in olive oil in large pot until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook for about 10 minutes. Serve over rice.


*We used rice for ours and so does my grandmother, but you could serve it over grits!

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

I love shrimp creole. This does sound easy and tasty. Thank you for sharing.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Looks like a really good and easy recipe Tara! I will try it. How are you feeling? Just checking on you. It's snowing in the ATL right now!!