Friday, May 14, 2010

Banana Apple Bread

I had some bananas and an apple that were about to go bad so I decided to pop them into a batch of banana bread and couldn't be more pleased with the results.  This recipe is a keeper!!!

2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 ripe apple (your choice), peeled and chopped finely
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp cinnamon

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Pour into two small loaf pans or one standard sized loaf pan and bake at 350 for 1 hour. Let cool before removing from pans.

5 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

That looks good. I love banana bread!

Denise said...

My hubby will love these.

Anonymous said...

Banana bread yes. Banana apple bread..I definately have to try this. That sounds really good.

Chatty Crone said...

LOVE banana bread! sandie

Vickie said...

Looks so yummy! I never thought about putting apple in the bread! I am gonna try this.

Also, love the loaf pans! So cute!