Saturday, December 4, 2010

Baked Peanut Butter Oatmeal

I found this recipe last month over on TidyMom's site.  I made it this morning and I couldn't be more pleased with how it turned out. 

1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup milk (I used skim)
1/4 cup melted butter (I used Smart Balance)
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
warm milk for serving

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix all ingredients together in large bowl.  Spread evenly into a 9x13 baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.  Bake for 20-25 minutes.  Serve in a bowl and add a splash of warm milk.  Devour!

*I cut mine into 12 portions and they were about the size of a large brownie. I can't wait for leftovers!!!

**If you are naughty (this might not be the time of year to admit it!) you could add 1/4 cup chocolate chips to the mixture before baking.  I would have done this, but I'm down 60 pounds and want to keep it that way!!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

The recipe sounds delicious and I love your header. I LOVE visiting Stone Mountain this time of year! Congrats on the weight=loss...you look great!
-K